Home Education Conference
Encourage one another 1 Thess 5:11
When we are connected, when we feel heard, when we feel like we aren’t being force fed an education… that’s when real, passionate, fiery learning takes place. ~ Jessica Pilton
Mon 2 and Tue 3 of March 2020
Why Shoud you attend?
- Connect with Christ
- Connect with others
- Inspirational speakers
- Buy, sell, swap resources
- Expo of service providers & curriculum suppliers
About The Event
CHEC is running a home education conference on Monday 2 March 2020 and Tuesday 3 March 2020. It will be an opportunity to come together as a Home-education community, to set a focus for the year, and to be ministered to through fellowship, seminars, prayer, prophecy and an expo of events and resources in the Canberra region. The theme of the conference is ‘At the Heart of the Matter’: two days journeying through HE from new beginnings, muddling middle years, and what happens at the end – not only for your children but also what it looks like for mum when it’s all done.
- Registration closes 13 February
- Early Bird registration closes 28 January
- Adult $70
- Children $35 (3 – 17 years)
- Adult $75
- Children $40 (3 – 17 years)
- Includes morning, afternoon tea and lunch
- Sign in desk opens 8.30 am 2 March
- If you book accommodation sign in is at 8:15 am on 2 March
Have A Look At The
Event Schedule Monday 2 March
Sign-in at registration desk 8.30 am
Opening address and housekeeping
Welcome to the World of Home Education
Conquering the Challenges We Face
Speaker: Laurel Purtle
Buy, Sell and Swap
Recycle your old resources
Message of Hope
Speaker: Anya Mckee
For the Kids
- Creche drop-in for 2-4 year olds during sessions.
- 1.5 hour watersport activity run by Greenhills staff on Monday morning. (bring change of clothes, hats, sunscreen, water bottle).
- Supervision and boardgames/activities provided for 5-12 year olds during other daytime sessions.
- Teens room with boardgames/videos also available.
- All staff looking after children have a WWVP card.
- 4 – 6 beds per room, bunk style accommodation.
- $50 per room.
- BBQ facilities available.
- Shared (limited) kitchenette facilities available.
- BYO breakfast, dinner and linen.
- BYO towel, sheets, pillowcase.
- Blankets and pillows provided.
Get Your Tickets Now!
The Countdown has begun, don't miss out!